Advertising, Inc. began in 1943 with William T.
Hart. He started with only 100 signs. Over the
next 30 years, Mr. Hart bought over 10 companies,
including the Advertiser and Carter Christy, to
expand into what is now the core of the business
which includes over a thousand signs. In the
early 1980's, expansion by acquisition was
augmented by the gradual conversion of old wooden
frame structures into modern single pole steel
structures with lighting.